Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
Community-based support channels are hosted on the Freenode IRC network for both USRP and GNU Radio. These channels are generally active and can often be a great way to get live, real-time help. While Ettus Research only provides official support through the usrp-users and discuss-gnuradio mailing lists, and by direct email at "email@example.com", IRC can be an excellent supplementary support resource. Please note that although Ettus Research is not able to continuously monitor these IRC channels, and cannot not guarantee a timely response via IRC, you will often find people from Ettus Research online, and the members of the community are technical, helpful, and knowledgeable.
IRC is a free, open-source public chat system.
Please see the resources below for more information.
There are two relevant support channels, listed below. Both are hosted on the IRC server irc.freenode.net.
- The #usrp - webchat channel is aimed at discussions about USRP and UHD.
- The #gnuradio - webchat channel is aimed at discussions about GNU Radio and SDR signal processing.
There are numerous free open-source IRC clients for all operating systems.
Some specific popular clients are listed below.
- HexChat (https://hexchat.github.io/)
- Irssi (https://irssi.org/)
- WeeChat (https://weechat.org/)
- mIRC (http://www.mirc.com/)
A list of chat commands is below.