Please note that this product is now End-of-Life (EOL), and is no longer available for sale through Ettus Research, and is not recommended for use in new designs or in new projects.
- 16 MHz of RF bandwidth with 8 bit samples
- 8 MHz of RF bandwidth with 16 bit samples
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
- Motherboard has one RTX daughterboard slot (1 RX + 1 TX connectors)
- Onboard FPGA processing
- FPGA: Xilinx Spartan 3A-1400 FPGA
- ADCs: 12-bits 64 MS/s
- DACs: 14-bits 128 MS/s
- Ability to lock to external 5 or 10 MHz clock reference
- TCXO Frequency Reference (~2.5ppm)
- Flexible clocking from 10 MHz to 64 MHz
- FPGA code can be changed with Xilinx® ISE® WebPACK™ tools
- Utilization statistics are subject to change between UHD releases, current as of UHD 3.9.4
Device utilization summary: --------------------------- Selected Device : 3s1400aft256-4 Number of Slices: 10238 out of 11264 90% Number of Slice Flip Flops: 12136 out of 22528 53% Number of 4 input LUTs: 18184 out of 22528 80% Number used as logic: 15003 Number used as Shift registers: 2605 Number used as RAMs: 576 Number of IOs: 150 Number of bonded IOBs: 148 out of 161 91% IOB Flip Flops: 140 Number of BRAMs: 31 out of 32 96% Number of MULT18X18SIOs: 20 out of 32 62% Number of GCLKs: 2 out of 24 8%
Proper Care and Handling
All Ettus Research products are individually tested before shipment. The USRP B100 is guaranteed to be functional at the time it is received by the customer. Improper use or handling of the USRP B100 can easily cause the device to become non-functional. Listed below are some examples of actions which can prevent damage to the unit:
- Never allow metal objects to touch the circuit board while powered.
- Always properly terminate the transmit port with an antenna or 50Ω load.
- Always handle the board with proper anti-static methods.
- Never allow the board to directly or indirectly come into contact with any voltage spikes.
- Never allow any water, or condensing moisture, to come into contact with the boards.
- Always use caution with FPGA, firmware, or software modifications.
|Never apply more than -15 dBm of power into any RF input.|
|Always use at least 30dB attenuation if operating in loopback configuration|
Technical Support and Community Knowledge Base
Technical support for USRP hardware is available through email only. If the product arrived in a nonfunctional state or you require technical assistance, please contact email@example.com. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for response by email, depending on holidays and weekends, although we are often able to reply more quickly than that.
We also recommend that you subscribe to the community mailing lists. The mailing lists have a responsive and knowledgeable community of hundreds of developers and technical users who are located around the world. When you join the community, you will be connected to this group of people who can help you learn about SDR and respond to your technical and specific questions. Often your question can be answered quickly on the mailing lists. Each mailing list also provides an archive of all past conversations and discussions going back many years. Your question or problem may have already been addressed before, and a relevant or helpful solution may already exist in the archive.
Discussions involving the USRP hardware and the UHD software itself are best addressed through the usrp-users mailing list at http://usrp-users.ettus.com.
Discussions involving the use of GNU Radio with USRP hardware and UHD software are best addressed through the discuss-gnuradio mailing list at https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discussgnuradio.
Discussions involving the use of OpenBTS® with USRP hardware and UHD software are best addressed through the openbts-discuss mailing list at https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openbtsdiscuss.
Every country has laws governing the transmission and reception of radio signals. Users are solely responsible for insuring they use their USRP system in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Before attempting to transmit and/or receive on any frequency, we recommend that you determine what licenses may be required and what restrictions may apply.
Sales and Ordering Support
If you have any non-technical questions related to your order, then please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +14086106399 (Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM, Pacific Time). Please be sure to include your order number and the serial number of your USRP.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms and conditions of sale can be accessed online at the following link: http://www.ettus.com/legal/terms-and-conditions-of-sale